Cutting a circle on a table saw

Sponsored Links
Not really, the best you could hope for is a multi facitted shape depending on how much you rotate the disc for each pass.

What sort of size and thickness is the circle, a router and simple tremmel will do it very well, bandsaw with pivot should just need sanding, even a jig saw will do a reasonable job if the work is not too thick.

Jason

fiddly but yes

square/oblong of wood 2" bigger than the diagonal of the bit of wood you are cutting your circle from
put a screw through the centre of your circle and 2 panel pins well within the circle and the base piece
position the workpiece with points between fence and blade secure to bottom peice 12mm clear of the fence
set the fence so the blade lines up with the edge off the circle
slide the work over the blade and remove the corner

loosen panel pins with hammer/plier rotate work re pin slideto remove next high point

repeat process untill you have a round board or the bumps are small enough to sand off ;)

ooo well jason types faster than me :D :D ;)

Sponsored Links
think id still rather use my band saw than loose my fingers or risk it flying off across the workshop, thankyou very much!

yep pretty similar except

in the uk you are supposed to use push sticks in close proximity of the blade[around 200mm] thus i pinthe work to the base to hold the work firm whilst using the push sticks

it is also not a good idea unless your experienced [even then its dangerous] to push a bit of work through pivoting on one point if it rotates by even 1 degree it can bind on the blade and get ejected from the table

blimey then thermo types faster than me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

had a piece of 4 x 2 that i was using as a stand in push stick thrown from my table saw. Broke one of my ribs, god did it hurt :cry:

Cutting circles on a table saw! Do you think it possible?

Sorry fella's just testing the water to see if any came back cold with 'you are an idiot thinking you can cut a circle on a table saw' but it didn't happen. Very good answers especially about safety.
Deluks might have seen what I came across on the web. I would imagine it would need a fine tooth sawblade do do it.
TAKE A LOOK
www.woodguy.com click on the right yellow video clips box then on the TITLE of cutting a circle on a table saw. Post your comments for me to read but keep it clean.

"Just testing the waters"..... then you post a link to someone using a table saw with no blade guard and no riving knife........ It's also a lot easier to do that trick with relatively soft 18mm MDF than it will be with 3in thick English oak. Personally I prefer the bandsaw :D

Scrit

I don't really see the point of your post greengrass, where you hoping to deride somebody for making an assumption that you couldn't cut a circle with a saw really not designed for the job. :rolleyes: :confused:

Did I miss something here. :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back