Cutting an oildrum in half!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have this idea to make a barbeque using an oildrum cut in half. I am aware there can be dangers with vapours whilst cutting, I plan to use a jigsaw.
Is it possible to buy new drums?
Also what would be the best way to create a lip on the edge so as to get rid of the sharp edge?
Any tips would be gratefully received.
Thanks
GLOCKO

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The best idea is not to cut the drum in half at all, as you said there are dangers regarding vapour, to prevent this you fill the drum with sand or similar, it must be full, water is of no use as as soon as you start cutting it will all come out and into your saw and probably electrocute you.

I just did a quick search, no luck i am afraid to say, but you could try a reclemation yard, or try steel / drum manufactures or next time you see a steel band................

breezer said:
The best idea is not to cut the drum in half at all, as you said there are dangers regarding vapour, to prevent this you fill the drum with sand or similar, it must be full, water is of no use as as soon as you start cutting it will all come out and into your saw and probably electrocute you.

I just did a quick search, no luck i am afraid to say, but you could try a reclemation yard, or try steel / drum manufactures or next time you see a steel band................

Just make sure they've finished playing before you squirt on the lighter fuel :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back