CUTTING CERAMIC TILES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any tips from the experts?

Using a tile cutter, I normally get chipping at the cut edge even when using masking tape. Not a massive problem but I wondered how the experts do it?

I am using a fairly decent 'score' cutter. I do have a water-cooled electric cutter but is that really necessary for normal bathroom ceramic tiles??

Advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks and A Happy New Year to all on here when it comes!

Belboz

Sponsored Links
If you get too much chipping then the tiles are poor quality, but a blunt wet saw blade will also cause some chipping.

Even with the finest cutter you'll end up with some degree of chipping if you use low quality tiles. It will also limit how adventurous you can be with cutting shapes in the tiles too. Give me a decent porcelain tile anyday.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

I dunno if the tiles are low quality but they're not porcelain. Given I need to use over 350 25X33s for the bathroom, my budget wouldn't stretch to porcelain!!!

Bloody cost enough just buying the tiles I've got!!!

:eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back