Question re cutting large rough surface floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

A question please, I have tiled splashbacks and done some bathroom wall areas but always with smooth ceramic tiles

I will be tiling a kitchen floor soon and using large (probably) ceramic floor tiles. They look a bit like slate and have a rough surface.

I have a large vitrex tile cutter, think it's 800mm long I usually use for my clean cuts. Will this type tile cutter cut the above tiles with a rough top surface? Quite a thick tile too. My tile cutter I refer to is the sliding small wheel down the tile and press handle to crack, standard tile cutter!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It should, in theory, do so. Might be worth testing this on a tile prior to the job but you will probably need to get a new wheel. If that still doesn't work then buying a cheap electric cutter might be easier than struggling with an angle grinder. They cost around £40 for a basic one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back