Cutting Circles in Ceramic Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently had some Ceramic Floor Tiles from Homebase for the bathroom. All the main and corner tiles are fitted with no problems.

But now I've come to cut radius's and fit the tiles around the Washbasin Pedestal and Toilet Pan. I've marked out the tiles giving me a 5mm gap for grouting. The whole tile will fit around the front of the pedestal and two halves around the Toilet pan.

I was going to use a Carbide round blade handsaw, but using this took me 20mins to cut 3mm. I assume these tiles are hard.??

Surely theres a quicker way of doing this??

Drilling or Electric jigsaw, any tips please. How do the Pro's do it?? ;)

Sponsored Links
use an electric tile cutter to cut the waste area into 10mm wide strips which will then justs snap off, tidy up the edge with tile nippers. The other method is a diamond disc in a small angle grinder.

The hack/jig saw blades will only work in ceramic, most floor tiles are porcelain

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back