What is the best method of cutting curves in tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I need to cut small curves into three tiles to fit around my bathroom sink, which will act as a splashback. The tiles are normal ceramic tiles about 200mm wide. I have used a hand saw in the past which took ages.

Is there a quicker and better way of cutting curves? I have seen tile cutting jigsaw blades and was wondering if these give a nice clean cut? Or would a tile nibbler be a better tool to use?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks,

Glyn

Sponsored Links
If i had quite alot of tiles to cut i could justify buying an angle grinder, but since its only three tiles i was hoping for a cheaper option.

I think i might try the carbide edged jigsaw blades but im not sure if they give a nice finish to the edge of the tile.

Sponsored Links
If the tiles are thin you could nip the curves out,you can get away with it being a little rough a bead of silicone will hide it.

Carbide jigsaw blades will still break out the edges a bit but as above you will not see this when siliconed over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back