curved sink tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
My bathroom sink has and arched or curved top to it so because of that I have never put tiles above it like most sinks. However the paint always starts to peel where it gets washed down and water splashed on it etc. I really would like to just put a few tiles along the top. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this ( if there is a way). Are there such things as curved tiles on one side??!! Sorry! Or is it a case of cutting your own curves in tiles (which I could not ever do!).
Hope you can help! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hello Myra and welcome back :p
I've never come across ready curved tiles - after all, every radius could be different, and the common way is to cut your own......after making a cardboard template.
It's not as difficult as it may seem, if you have the correct equipment of course (in this case, probably an angle grinder or similar with a stone cutting disc).
Another way is to allow the basin to pull forward from the wall, and slip tiles behind......I don't know how feasible this is.
Yet another way may be to choose a different material for a splash back......something that's solid and water resistant, again cut to a template?
John :)

Hi John!! :D

I thought it might be problematical. I wouldn't be able to cut the tiles myself and every template would be different as the arch gets bigger but I see what you mean and that's probably the best way to do it.
I hadn't thought of pulling the sink forward - I'll investigate that but I don't think it's feasible especially with me doing it - I'll probably pull half the wall with me!
BUT I could look for a different material to use. Or maybe just get someone in to do it. Trouble is round here it's so hard to get reliable tradespeople and most of them charge the earth.
Thanks for your ever brilliant response.

Just before you dive in, just check out splash backs from the likes of B&Q, IKEA and so on....there may be something that would be acceptable.
As for a template, I'd be inclined to spend time making a full size one that would cover the whole sink top, if you see what I mean......it would take a while but could be worth it if that's the route you decide to take.
Regards
John :)

Sponsored Links
Yes - a trip to B&Q is a good idea. They have all sorts of things these days don't they? I did just want nice plain white tiles but it's never going to happen and the wall is such a mess and i have to re-paint yet again.

Oh - I see what you mean about the template - that doesn't seem so bad!

Thank you. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back