Cutting floor - smoke and burning

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought one of these
WORX WX423 85mm 400W Compact Circular Saw Worxsaw

Sometimes when cutting floorboards I get smoke and burning smell. Does remind me a bit of CDT lessons 30 years ago...

I guess this is totally normal, and the obvious thing to do it just stop for a bit to let things cool down before carrying on? Slowly getting used to it. Any top tips on cutting floors without burning the house down appreciated!

Sponsored Links
smoke and burning is not correct operation yes the odd bit where you go off line a bit causing the back edge off the blade to rub
blunt blade slow progress or rubbing can cause smoke

yeah, thinking about it, I think I was not pushing hard enough to start with. Certainly less smoke on the last few boards.

any tips left on blade ,blade the right way around
you should never get smoke you must be forcing the hell out it unless you got a grinding disc on it

Sponsored Links
Old floorboards, 2cm. I think I was actually not pushing the saw along quick enough, and causing the wood to heat too much. Later managed to adjust height of blade better and pushed a big harder to get it moving at a steady pace. All done for today, tomorrow might require more cutting!

YmB4-rbUblrsRJ0mSn2LT0o7C2PxAz7XcJvfIvKeEGYAq9sfacwJagg44P9g2m_mo0l3M1XrDMHc1q2b7hCDybnrckyoI3elzS1xhaTZRWTTMLa_eIJvpoMefMkrjEq_4Q5s_a5wVsjnFI4VUpR8uKD8wQOwzeqdIQAlrQYd2rduIwIXt11mTAyNNMxNPJpfExsN2d9OIvMfUGgjkpigHGnWH_AoeekyzJfadjB_ao699MSLhMaehI0ecC2D7UKTWjlFdWA1aU7lFkpCcI0fRIm9QPYCoYM4J0JRvf3vVgxBtW7giR0ZOz9kdDgkdtbi89pbNee_cfHVB9RyRlxEpDYS5eGufCxl0jy-nFKvw4OL23UlpiD-VC9IgK3rMvQxpPmbiWrFI-5w0fb9v-YrRGJTcoWv_6r99CwqsLIaUzWRr_rl3y3qJOlvYINm7KtaarjL9ru7sFnFYwld7qxy18d_ozeVXOKflzeqmGpymKbe5bu6tEpphMHEniDp9D8FQdu4QxxWI8EZcxkZbiEwYugpTOtmT41OMI22zvG8rCm2LgFbe3rjJtVbD4ipSMDId97fEVVDzNtSAnz_8Aob43nojIPbKjbU9E_uCeNZJcS9uS17U1MDNy6Ra_Uy_T9HvT-GR_GnOdbgvyf0o5gabs7zOYLhPONPMdW1=w517-h918-no

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back