Cutting floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I may have to cut some floor tiles that are in a bathroom underneath the shower tray. It will just be the edges so not too bad but I'm not sure what to use to cut them as obviously I don't want to crack them. I was thinking an angle grinder - the only blade I have for it is for cutting stone, concrete and brick I think - would this blade be OK to use?

Any advice would be great, thank-you.

Sponsored Links
If you only have a few to cut ask a tile shop, Else hire a wet tile saw for a day, wont cost much

It depends on your tiles,if they are ceramic the stone disc may do it,if they are porcelain then it would need to be a diamond one.Usually about £10 or so.

It depends on your tiles,if they are ceramic the stone disc may do it,if they are porcelain then it would need to be a diamond one.Usually about £10 or so.

Hi, thank-you for that, they are ceramic - Just would hate to crack them! I'll give it ago with the tools I have then. Thanks again

Sponsored Links
They are stuck to the floor....
Classic
Mutley_laughing.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back