Cutting in ceiling to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a question about cutting in between ceiling and wall…I usually go for an angled brush and steady hand.

I also usually have very light airy colours so easier to work with white ceiling, this time round although not a dark colour it’s darker than my usual.

I’ve cutted in and was wondering could a line in chaulk be applied just the give that finish look?

Chaulk was already applied at the mist coat stage so would.

thanks

Sponsored Links
It’s not a substitute, I wondered if it would present a better finish as I am not fully happy with how it is just now, it’s not awful, just could look a little tider due to a darker colour than I’m used too

Unless there is an actual gap or crack, I personally wouldn't bother - but without seeing the place it's hard to make a good comment.

Can you send a photo?

Sponsored Links
Use a normal brush and don't use caulk unless the lines are messy. When doing the white ceiling you should go onto the wall a small amount, this then gives you something to cut in to with your wall colour! If the wall colour doesn't flow very well add a tiny amount of water to help the brush along.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back