Cutting in, skirting boards, cupboards and radiators

I did my old rads with a green scourer and wire wool. Is that not OK?

Sponsored Links
I did my old rads with a green scourer and wire wool. Is that not OK?
I prefer a paint brush, but hey ho.

Sarcasm aside, I know you are just trying to put 'your way is the right way' spin on the subject, but I can't deny the fact that the rads I have done with emulsion, and others I have seen, have all been fine. The only time I have seen paint that has bubbled/blistered or become sticky on a rad is when it has been applied far too thickly and/or the heat turned on too soon, but that happens with oil based paints too.

Maybe you need to lose that heavy hand or buy a nice jumper, John? Oops, the sarcasm came back! :oops:

Thanks everyone.

Next problem / question!

I stuck tape on the skirting boards before I painted and when I’ve ripped them off, some of the paint has come away off the wall edges with it. Not much, but it needs tidying up.

Can I just go back over the tears with a brush or does it need special treatment?

I'd just redo with what I used. Has it come off back to plaster?

Frogtape is awesome, much better than masking or the blue stuff which I've found terrible for pulling off paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back