Cutting into a galvanized water tank.

Lee-King said:
You shouldn't need to use any paste or silicone. I never use it and never have problems with it leaking.

Then I thank you all for your sharing your knowledge :D

Sponsored Links
Just one more thing if I may, I will be fitting a surrey flange on the cylinder should I use any paste with this fitting?

Thanks

Alanroth said:
Just one more thing if I may, I will be fitting a surrey flange on the cylinder should I use any paste with this fitting?

Thanks

Actually ignore this post, after a bit of research i have decided to go with an Essex Flange/Techflange.

Thanks again.

Rubber washer :?: .......pipes into .galv tanks/cisterns were originally sealed by a hemp grommet and boss white........I know which I`d trust but if you use the washer it must be clean........NO compounds at all on it , and a couple of turns ptfe up the threads of the tank connector for good measure

Sponsored Links
Nige F said:
Rubber washer :?: .......pipes into .galv tanks/cisterns were originally sealed by a hemp grommet and boss white........I know which I`d trust but if you use the washer it must be clean........NO compounds at all on it , and a couple of turns ptfe up the threads of the tank connector for good measure

Only just seen this reply sorry Nige, do you think a normal compression tank connector is suitable then? Any links to stores that sell hemp grommets?

One other question I would really like to run a hot water pipe from the cylinder in the landing cupboard up via the loft and drop it down into the top of the power shower same as the cold water pipe, would that be ok or would it cause a air block in the hot water pipe? Would I need to consider a anti-gravity loop?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back