Cutting Kitchen Decor End Panels and Facia's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am installing a Wickes Imola kitchen for a friend and there are some very expensive decor end panels for the tall larder and oven housing cabinets. These are made too long and too wide and need to be trimmed to suit.

As they will be on show, what is the best way to cut these so that there is no damage to the edge that I want to cut. What is the best tool or blade to use.

On a couple of the cabinets, I have to cut one around the stair sloop that comes into the kitchen so that the top part of the cupboard with be a triangle in shape. The door facia will need to be cut as well. What will be the best way to do this as well.

Thanks for you help.

Sponsored Links
I cut end panels with a skill saw " medium blade 40 teeth" and masking tape to protect the edge. Cut on the side that doesn't get seen. I also use a planer, so if you've got to take off 50mm I will cut 48mm with skill saw and plane remaining 2mm because even with masking tape they can chip.

You may have to scribe the panel to the wall and floor "if its not level", you will need a jig saw if you have an undulating wall and the correct blade

Good luck

My method is to treat it like a worktop and use a router with a fresh sharp blade. A bit of melamine faced chipboard will give you a straight edge when clamped to the panel. Use a scrap piece of wood to work out the offset from the router bit to the straight edge of the router's base plate.

Sponsored Links
My method is to treat it like a worktop and use a router with a fresh sharp blade. A bit of melamine faced chipboard will give you a straight edge when clamped to the panel. Use a scrap piece of wood to work out the offset from the router bit to the straight edge of the router's base plate.

+1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back