cutting oak flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son is about to lay 40 sq metres of oak flooring - solid wood not engineered. He has previoulsy laid laminate in a smaller room. I want to purchase a saw/ saws to assist with this project. Looking at various comments on this I have seen mention of:

A compound mitre saw; a sliding mitre saw (not sure of the difference, other than one moves! will he need a sliding version or would the standard one cope?)
A circular saw and a chop saw.

I would be gateful for any guidance on what is required, I would like to purchase what is needed to complete a professional looking job but not enough gadgets to rebuild the Forth bridge. We have removed all of the skirting and will replace this with new skirting if this helps at all.

Sponsored Links
A sliding mitre saw will cut much wider planks than a standard chop saw.....more expensive admittedly but much greater use for future projects!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back