Cutting porcelain tiles

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hi there,

I did do a search, honest, and I know there are threads with this exact title, but still didn't find what I was looking for! So...

Doing my bathroom walls with 600x300 porcelain tiles - the 8mm thick 'suitable for a floor' ones in a brick-bond layout. My first tiling experience (except for a quarry tile kitchen floor in my parent's house) and it's been great fun discovering I've probably chosen the hardest tile size and layout to apply to wonky, curved old walls without having edges/corners kicking out :). Still - done a good, if a little slow job on all the complete tiles.

Anyway - so now it's time for the cuts. Quick question - do I have any hope of cutting these with my old man's Plasplugs plastic score-and-snap cutter (which does say cuts up to 10mm), or will I need a power tool. Tile depot, where I bought the tiles, has on offer a metal built diamond blade cutter which looks a little more sturdy than my dad's plastic one that I remember using on the kitchen floor. £30 special offer. Would that be a good bet? Sorry but didn't catch the brand if that would have been any help.

Any advice appreciated - cheers!

Liam

Sponsored Links
without a doubt the electric cutter will be better just run it through nice and slow the manual will do the job but it will leave a rough cut on the porcelain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back