cutting tiles on diagonal floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can any one tell me an easy way of cutting the edge tiles on a diagonal floor , was shown a way of doing this at college , where you place one tile over the top of another , and place a third tile next to the wall and and drawn a line over the 2nd tile . I can get it to work on striaght cuts but not diagonal one ?

Sponsored Links
i am not very good at explaining in words mate but here goes, its pretty much the same way as for straight set, on your last FULL diagonal tile, lay a tile over it ( in diagonal ) , place a new tile flush up against the skirting board ( yes flush ) the tiles straight edge will now cover the diagonal tile you placed over the top of the other one, draw a line on your diagonal running your pencil along the straight set tile edge, you now have the diagonal marked to be cut,

hope this helps you
GALLERY]

can any one tell me an easy way of cutting the edge tiles on a diagonal floor , was shown a way of doing this at college , where you place one tile over the top of another , and place a third tile next to the wall and and drawn a line over the 2nd tile . I can get it to work on striaght cuts but not diagonal one ?

just make sure the skirting tiles match..

Sponsored Links
If they are ceramic tiles use a wet wheel, very difficult to cut at an angle otherwise

Speaking from experience

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back