Cutting wall unit around pipe boxing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have some pipes running up my kitchen wall which have been boxed in. The boxing protrudes from the wall by about an inch to an inch and a half.

Is it possible to hang a wall unit over this boxing so the unit fits flush again the wall? What's the best way to do this?

Many thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
another method is to remove the boxing, notch the cabinets enough to fit round the pipes, then install new boxing, only up to the cabinet.

A jig saw is the ideal tool, but you can use a multicutter if you have one, or do it by hand using a coping saw which is cheapest. Or you can drill a round hole to fit the pipe, then saw to the edge.

btw if these a new wall cabinets, I recommend using cabinet hanging rail. It is very strong and you can hook the hangers on, let the cabs settle against the pipes and mark them, then lift off and do your cuts, then lift back.

More skilful people can mark them by measurement and calculation.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back