Cylinder balancing valve (gate valve)

R

ringy1

Hi lad i was just wondering how many turns open should the cylinder balancing valve (gate valve type) be turned from closed. As a starting point

Sponsored Links
Its open now 1.5 turns from closed position, done. should be ok at that so i hope.

Thats the starting point as requested!

The final setting should be determined by the temperature differential!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thats the starting point as requested!

The final setting should be determined by the temperature differential!

Tony
Ah i am only looking for a ball park area to set it to.

As one man said to me before "it will be all right"

I dont see how anyone can think that without knowing the boiler model and the measured temperature differential.

Tony

ringy1";p="2516797 said:

I dont see how anyone can think that without knowing the boiler model and the measured temperature differential.

Tony
Firebird popular 90. Boiler stat is set to 60 degrees so what am i looking for 60 degrees on the flow to the coil on the cylinder and about a 11 degrees drop on the return coming from the cylinder. I know boiler stat should be set to 82 degrees but thats just way to hot for me. No room stats or TRVs.

The boiler should be set to about 65-70 C and the cylinder stat set to 55-60 C.

The cylionder temp should be set to the required temperature.

Its very inefficient to have the boiler set too low as that causes the boiler to run for too long and cycle.

Tony

The boiler should be set to about 65-70 C and the cylinder stat set to 55-60 C.

The cylionder temp should be set to the required temperature.

Its very inefficient to have the boiler set too low as that causes the boiler to run for too long and cycle.

Tony
I dont have a cylinder stat. The heating system is bog standard, no zone valves, no room stats, no TRVs, no cylinder stat. No time and temp control with boiler interlock

As inefficient as the heating system is now, do you think it would be better to turn the boiler stat up to 65-70 C rather than 60 C. Would that be more efficient as stated above? Because you here all theses reports that by turning the boiler stat down by 1 degree can save such amount on your heating bill.

The only way you will really save money in the long run is by upgrading your system to meet the current regs. But appreciate it is easier said than done. I would follow tony's advice for now.

The savings come by turning the room stat down.
Unsurprisingly its cheaper to be cold than warm in your house.

With a non modulating boiler the loses are quite high if its cycling as yours will do.

You should try harder to fit a cylinderstat and then you can run the boiler at the correct temperature to heat the cylinder without much cycling.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back