By-pass balancing valve

Sponsored Links
got to go with scatman on this one.
I can't remember ever thinking you were wrong before, seco, but what has scattyman said that you agree with?
all i agree on is that i always fit a bypass even on a 3 port valve with say all but one rad with trv's as i have known numptys to shut the only rad without trv off.
I agree that it's good practice, although my personal preference is for an auto-bypass, but I still maintain that MANDATE was right to say that it isn't needed.

Sponsored Links

If the bypass valve is installed as shown above, it is so that the flow through the boiler never drops below a specified rate. This usually applies to low water-content boilers. If a bypass valve is required to control the differential pressure in the radiator circuit, then it should be connected across the pump. See Danfoss AVDO Data Sheet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back