DA Orbital Sander advice needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have very little experience here so please excuse my ignorance!
I got an orbital sander 2-3 years old, problem is I stupidly hit the head of a screw I missed and took a chunk out the hard velcro pad which is attached to the sander.
I want to replace this part but can't find one which obviously matches the sander. It has 8 holes in it for drawing dust and is made of a kind of foam covered with hook velcro. I dont know whether they are universal fit or not???
It's a Mac Allister mos450c random orbit sander, 125mm backing pad. I'm attaching a picture.
it has an allen key hole in the centre of the bottom of the pad, It doesnt turn easy and I don't want to damage it further.
Many thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• productTemplate.jpg
    productTemplate.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 289
Sponsored Links
Billyskin, try taking it to your local diy shop, and get the correct Alan key? They might even help you open it?

Stage two? Contact Macallister customer services and they'll either give you a part number (which you can find on EBay) or they'll send you a part, for a small fee of course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back