Daisy chain of LED battens with one connection point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got some 5ft Luceco T8 Climate eco LED battens (link below), but they’ve only got a single pre-drilled connection at one end. There are no obvious knockouts at the top or other end. Ideally I’d like to drill an opening at the other end and feed a three core cable through to allow this light to be daisy chained to the next light without needing a separate junction box. Obviously I’d need to drill a 20mm hole for a new cable gland.

Are there any issues with doing this? I can’t find anything about this on the manufacturer’s website. I’m assuming that temperatures within the light won’t challenge heat resistant flex running through above the light fitting itself)

https://www.screwfix.com/p/luceco-e...-led-weatherproof-batten-2-x-24w-3900lm/946kr

thanks

Sponsored Links
From the pics on the website it looks like the opposite end is moulded to accept a 20mm hole and gland so I can't see why it shouldn't be ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back