damage to plaster

Do you have legal advice cover available on your house insurance?
Ultimately it could lead to a small claims court with an independent decision.

Sponsored Links
Not going through my insurance. Why should I? Will bump up my premium! Going through his public liabilty.

Insurers will always look for ways to save money when it comes to paying claims, stand your ground, take plenty of photos and don't attempt any repair until agreement is reached. If you feel the insurance company is not playing ball then go to the Insurance Ombudsman.

Sponsored Links
Absolutely, well said G/ Biscuit. The PLASTERBOARD ceiling and walls have been DAMAGED by water. It doesn't matter what that the damage is, both should be re-placed. The ceiling is being replaced because it has been damaged, the wall/s should be replaced as well, because they too/the plasterboard have been badly stained/weakened by the water leak caused by the plumber. Why should the stain/damage be covered up with a coat of sealer. Why should Elligabe be the one to lose out? She wants her property to be the same as it was BEFORE the plumber started, as she said, why should she have to cover over stained, possibly damaged, plasterboard. All the water damaged areas should be re-placed,, like for like.
Again Elliegabe, keep the plumber informed of what you're doing/taking it further, to the Insurance Ombudsman.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back