Damaged lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

We currently live in a rented house, we are due to move out in 4 weeks time.

The kids pool has killed the grass in a small area as you can see, I was going to replace with new turf.

Is there a better, quicker, cheaper way of dealing with this problem, bearing in mind it needs to be fixed in the next 4 weeks?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
No, turf is the only option for a quick result I'm afraid, but the lawn will recover in time if it is left.

How about 'fessing up to the landlord and making the offer of returfing, he/she may be happy to leave it if you have been a good tenant and looked after the place otherwise.

Turf is pretty cheap but you need to do if ASAP because it will take several weeks to look at all like it has blended in, mind you I did some a couple of months ago and while the joins have blended in well if is a completely different green to all the rest! That's why in the long run it is best left to recover.

i agree that fessing up is likely the best way. you could even offer to sprinkle a bit of grass seed on there to hurry things along a bit (though you would need to do that soon, before it gets too cold). that's likely to end up a better match: in my experience getting the levels to match up when fitting new patch of turn in an existing lawn is easier said than done.

Sponsored Links
if you rake it really aggresively with a spring tine rake then overseed it and throw some fertilizer on it it should be ok. A lot less work and a bit less money than turfing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back