damaged pine wooden floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys my problem is my wooden floor in my extension. noticed recently a dark coloured patch on the floor in the corner near the patio doors, on further inspection (i actually put a screwdriver through it ) i noticed that the wood had actually rotten, due to moisture getting in the room and also a whopping great ants nest underneath the floor. My question is is there an easy way of fixing this? as i now have a 4 " square hole in my floor, what i mean is can i repair the board or do i have to take the whole floor up to the point where the damaged is to change it ??

hope this makes sense

thanks alot :D

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo nickys01 and welcome :D :D :D

you only need to replace dammaged timber
you need to stop the source of the damp remove all effected timber including joists
you can repair joist ends by ataching a new part joist with bolts and dogs[large toothed washers]
you need to cut the boards back to the nearest joist

you wont know how far the dammage has gone untill you remove and prod with a screwdriver

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back