Temporarily removing some gluedlaminate to check flooring

hj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got glued laminate flooring across the hall and extending through into the lounge/dining room. However, I've noticed the flooring has dropped somewhat in one of the alcoves. I want to take a look underneath to see what's going on with the wooden floor and joists underneath.

So, the question is, how do I unglue a large chunk of laminate flooring in the corner without damaging the flooring, and allowing it to be put back without any visual disturbance afterwards?

I've searched the forum and found lots about putting laminate down, but nothing about ungluing it carefully.

Sponsored Links
unfortunatly you cannot unglue it

you can cut it if your very carefull which is a skill in its self up to a wall
you can also join it back together but requires skill as you only have around 9mm edge to join which will break if you dont have a dead flat floor to stop it flexing

i usualy use 4mm ply with additional underlay to even out the bumps and contact adhesive on the underneath when joining back together ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back