Damaged screw securing euro cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Really need to change the lock on a uPVC door, the ex is refusing to return her keys and for various reasons I don't want her having access to the house when I'm not here. Unfortunately the screw securing the euro cylinder to the back door has rounded off, are there any easy ways to undo or remove said screw so I can change the lock please?

Sponsored Links
do you have an antibump lock fitted??
how much is the barrel protruding ??

Sponsored Links
An antiwhat??? Its the lock that came with the door, about 10 years ago I think, cheap door and cheap lock I presume! Only protrudes a couple of mm each side.

the weakest point off the eurolock is the screwhole around the screw you are trying to remove
do a u tube search for bumping locks or simillar
yhen make sure you buy an anti bump lock :cry:

Good grief, all very well the door having 3 locking points etc, but if they're that easy to breach...... Am going to upgrade my locks I think!

Good plan! Its scary how easily a cheap lock can be bypassed.

I wouldn't worry too much about bumping of locks, I have a kit and dozens of spare locks to practice on but I have never got it to work. You average criminal is not going to go to the time and effort of learning something that fiddly.
Having said that I can pick or bypass most cheap locks in under 30 seconds. It scares the crap out of my friends when they lock themselves out and I get them in so quickly.

Unfortunately when selling doors noone wants to pay the the extra £50 for a top of the range lock unless they have seen me open a door for them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back