damaged the screw in a Euro Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the EXACT same issue I’m having, although I don’t have any real backwards and forwards play. It’s partly my own fault. Tried unscrewing the screw with the first Philips screwdriver I could find… not the exact size for the screw… sheared the screw…. “No problem!” I thought, as I pulled out my screw extractor set….. didn’t work…. Ended up ruining the end of the screw to the point where the end is now a mess inside the hole, but can’t seem to drill through to completely release it.
So stuck with less than half a screw holding the lock in place and no way to release it.

I’m happy to try snapping the euro lock, as I’ve just purchased a new ABS avocet lock so was intending on removing it anyway, but don’t want to ruin the entire lock gearbox as that will be another £40-£50 I’ll have to spend.

OP did the lock snap method work for you?

Sponsored Links
Hijacking a 6 year old thread?(n) Sure it’s against site rules.

Anyway, if it’s not an ultion lock, remove the handles and snap the euro.

Hijacking a 6 year old thread?(n) Sure it’s against site rules.

Anyway, if it’s not an ultion lock, remove the handles and snap the euro.

thought it would make more sense to add to this thread rather than posting a new thread that’s pretty much identical and having no way of knowing if the original method worked for the OP.

anyhow will give the lock snap method a go in the morning… the current lock is a £5 job, so no doubt it will be out in seconds (y)

Sponsored Links
Mole grips worked a treat…. It’s actually frightening how easy it was to snap off with very little force and hardly any noise!

83B6AE27-8E56-4106-B38B-CACB5EA11522.jpeg

glad I’ve swapped them all now

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back