Damaged/worn carpet

Sponsored Links
You could always get an offcut of ply, or look round some skips for remnants of surplus laminate flooring and create a mini-dance floor. It'd be a unique feature and increase the value of your house no-end whatsoever :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
You could always get an offcut of ply, or look round some skips for remnants of surplus laminate flooring and create a mini-dance floor. It'd be a unique feature and increase the value of your house no-end whatsoever :mrgreen:

Lol

Vibro

Just cover it with a rug until you can afford a new carpet or get rid of the whole lot and polish those floor boards. I imagine the rest of the carpet is not in that good of condition.

Vibro

Just cover it with a rug until you can afford a new carpet or get rid of the whole lot and polish those floor boards. I imagine the rest of the carpet is not in that good of condition.

I tried a rug to cover over the bald bit, but decided that it looked daft and drew attention to the fact that I was hiding something. I bit the bullet so to speak and whipped the carpet off. The floorboards were in great nick so I have sanded, stained and varnished and they look a lot better that a patchy carpet covered by a rug! Carpet on the rest of the stairs is still in good nick and the floor boards look good as it is just the ground floor landing that has been done.

Di2,
went to terry's carpets and he wanted £1200 for the landing and stairs carpet. Not such a bargain eh!!!!

Vibro

I tried a rug to cover over the bald bit, but decided that it looked daft and drew attention to the fact that I was hiding something. I bit the bullet so to speak and whipped the carpet off. The floorboards were in great nick so I have sanded, stained and varnished and they look a lot better that a patchy carpet covered by a rug! Carpet on the rest of the stairs is still in good nick and the floor boards look good as it is just the ground floor landing that has been done.

Di2,
went to terry's carpets and he wanted £1200 for the landing and stairs carpet. Not such a bargain eh!!!!

hmmmm u should have gone to mickeys......and said....terrys say they will do it for £250......whats ur best price.......?......or buy the carpet off the roll and get a fitter to it for you.....jeeeeez man......you want me to come negotiate for you??

Vibro,

The price for a new carpet seems expensive. Did that include underlay?

Nice to see you got it sorted. Any chance of a picture of the finished floor? I feel it would be deserving for all who contributed to you topic/problem.

If you don't know how to upload pictures then private message me and I will explain and guide you through it.

Borrow a cat or a dog for a couple of weeks. The bare patch will soon be covered in hairs thus filling the gaps. Infact make sure the pet matches the colour of your carpet. ( Unless it's a bright primary colour of course then you've had it).

I'm not on drugs.

Sponsored Links
Back