damn radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i want to replace a radiator in my kitchen with an exact replica because the paint is flaking off back to bare metal, but i cant seem to turn off the lockshield nut on the return side . the other side has an on off knob to rotate but the other side (when the cap is removed)has a ribbed type fitting that is circular. none of my spanners can close this off. is there a special tool for this or am i being totally foolish?is there a simple answer? i dont want to damage the ribs on this fitting .tell me theres a simple answer cos all my rads are the same fitting :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
the knob from the other side doesnt fit .its a different type

i wouldnt be asking if it were that easy

caoimho, please note 10a

have you checked other radiators for a sutable cap incase of an odd fitment

Sponsored Links
Have a look see if it has an allen key hexigon in the middle.

What's the wood butcher doing in the plumbers forum, bit quite is it big__all :LOL: :LOL:

editedby thescruff :LOL: :LOL:

i am actualy a chippie [bench joiner] doitall ;) but that dosnt matter im no snob although the leccies might be :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If there's a nut around the central shaft, try loosening it. That will usually make things easier to turn.

Wilhelm!!! your posts have been hi-jacked!! Shame... made my weekend..wonder how long this one`ll last??? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Strange one this. :confused:

Can you post a picture.

Is there a large nut where the pipe meets the rad?

Yes you can, but only if you slip it into an envelope & place a stamp on the front, making sure the address is written clearly & you add the postcode. Pop it into big red thing called a postbox, & a nice man will come , pick it up & deliver it to the address. BE HONEST....that was a bit funny!!! IT`S SUNDAY FER CHRISSAKES!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

MOD

item 8

there is no nut to turn ...just this ribbed type thingy..there is a screw in the top but when this is undone water comes rushing out.

when the rads were fit originally the one you speak about is opened with a special rad cap then replaced with a blank one your best bet is to c if you can get one from a merchants

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back