Damp (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Many thanks for your help so far (see previous entry). Hope I am not asking a daft question, but I have attached a photograph of my outside wall where I believe the damp is coming in from and then staining the inside downstairs kitchen wall (the pipes/plumbing in the room above is bone dry). The previous owners (about 10 years ago) painted the whole elevation, perhaps, as one of you said, to mask any problems. I have just noticed that a pattern on the brickwork is beginning to come though, and wonder of this is where the grouting/cement between the bricks has worn ............. can anyone tell from the attached photo if this wear and tear is enough to permit the elements in (if I'm not asking the impossible as the elevation has been painted!).

www.diynot.com/network/phil1963/albums/

Sponsored Links
It is possible that penetrating damp is coming in as the paint is cracked and missing in places. Water will run down the face and enter in the defective spots. Also it is harder for evaporation because its painted.
It looks like a solid wall built in Flemish garden wall bond.

I have just spent the last period of time providing a response only to find that I have timed out and the discussion thread has disappeared into the ether, miffed or what!!

I have no intention of repeating this exercise, but if you would like to post your email address (or an email address) I will respond and take off from where this discussion started.

Regards
GJ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back