Damp after fixing mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all. Looks like I have damp in the front room under my bathroom after I swapped standard taps for mixer tap with a shower head.
It was meant as 2nd shower for little girl to rinse off with but teenage lad has been using it a lot. So I haven't tiled the walls apart from the standard 1 line above the bath.
Suppose the question is, is it possible that the water residue left on the painted walls after he has had a shower could be causing the damp?
I am pretty confident I sealed the taps correctly when putting them back on the bath and can' see anywhre for it to leak round the bath (all looks sealed and grouted fine)
I really don't want to take the shower side off again and am hoping it' because he has been over using it!

Sponsored Links
Guess I'll tell them to stop using it completely. Just hoping no damage has already been done

Sponsored Links
Take the bath panel off ,and investigate. You are guessing what the problem is. You may have a leak ,and it might turn into a disaster unless you determine what exactly is going on.

Thanks Terry. Ended up taking panel off and can't see any obvious leaks. Floor is damp and bottom of plaster board at the tap end so either leak from taps or it is moisture running down.
Either way it's not being used now by 15 year old for full 20 minute showers and sticking to only using it for spraying youngest off if ever needed

Wise move mate. Try spraying water from shower head against tile / bath joint along short end and long end of bath ,whilst observing below.you should soon see where water gets thru if its on the joint. Get son to point shower head ,that's if your still on speaking terms !!!

Can you not tile around shower area or buy a wrap around shower curtain?.

We use shower far more than the bath, much quicker and more convenient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back