Damp patches on my wall after painting with matt paint??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

I recently painted my kitchen with matte paint (previously painted with silk) and after i finnished and it dried i got these damp patches appearing.

They were not there before or if they were i couldnt see them.

Can anyone help me at all?

heres a photo

QLalH.jpg

Sponsored Links
Are they definately darker or is the surface badly crazed making it seem darker? Painting matt over silk is a bit of a recipie for disaster

were those bits of wall repaired at any time?

I've noticed when I paint that if the wall has been patched or repaired with filler it goes darker due to that bit of wall having slightly different absorbancy. It normally sorts itself out when it dries though.

If it don`t change - it`ll stay like it is :confused: - No , seriously , go over it with a water based Zinsser paint - over the whole wall :idea:

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys

Yeah 2 parts have been filled but the rest hasnt.

Think ive found the problem. its a end flat and some of the bricks on the outside wall look like there broken and the cement is coming away.

Water must be seeping through?

as i said though i never noticed damp until i painted with the matt paint so i think its made it more visible.

Think i need some pointing done

cheers

Are you like the Singing Detective " any umberellas, to fix today " ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back