Damp proofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, just joined and this is my first post, we have been living in our property for 24years now, and to be honest do not know how many years before this date the damp proofing had been done, however their are all the drill holes in the bricks which have green plugs in, my question is if i were to take these out could i re damp proof it by injecting with the chemical solution, and secondly i would prefer to do this myself to save money so where would i go to get the equipment and chemicals from and finally is it difficult to do yourself, thankyou for any help offered.

Sponsored Links
I really can't say whether subsequent injection treatments are necessary or whether they work in the first place, but what i can say is it is fairly simple to do.

Your best bet is to go to a hire shop and hire a pump and 'octopus' and buy a barrel of silicone fluid then pump the stuff in 'till the bricks are saturated.

Both the internal and external leaves of masonry require treatment.

Another thing to remember is the internal rendering 1m up from the floor complete with the appropriate render admixture.

if its a cavitiy then only the inside skin needs proofing,just make sure the cavities are dlear of any crud etc,if its solid walls then it can be done from the outside,but if this is what was done before then the 10mm nozzels on the lances wont be much cop.

used to drill 10mm hole approx 2.5-3 inches deep,inject then redrill with a 12mm drill bit approx 5-6 inches the redrill with a longer 10mm bit approx 8 inches then complete the injection.

Sponsored Links
Hello and thankyou both for your replys, the wall is not a cavity wall its the outside main walls of the house, just one more point would i need to drill from the inside as well and inject or can i just re do it using the exsisting holes, Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back