Damp spots on interior wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a problem with damp spots on the gable end of our house. recently, we decided to have the hall/landing painted & noticed how bad the damp spots are.

I was advised they could be condensation spots? The damp spots start half way up the wall, parallel with upstairs & are spread across the upstairs wall.

We have a drain pipe running across the exterior of the wall. I pur in this pipe because two houses were sharing the same down pipe & the gutters frequently over flowed.

Ive included pictures. What can be causing these damp spots? I cant see any wall vents along tje side of the house (condensation).

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Being the gable end it could well be that water is penetrating the exterior wall and affecting the interior. This is easily accomplished across wall ties if you have cavity walls or across the brick ties if you're double skinned.

They are mould spots on the cold wall - cover them with a stain block paint and carry on ;)

Rain doesn't hit the gable wall due to the close proximity of the house next door.

Sponsored Links
They are mould spots on the cold wall - cover them with a stain block paint and carry on ;)
I'm considering painting with damp proof paint and redecorating the hallway. Just need to make sure its nothing serious first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back