Dampness

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last winter I discovered that my wooden floor at the patio doors was soaking. The builder sorting my chimney had a look at it and it transpired that the door frame had been put in the wrong way round so water had drained into the house instead of out of it, and he fixed it.
It has more or less dried out and before winter sets in I want to clean the floor and revarnish it. The edge of the flooring is slightly rotted but I have sanded it off and a small moulding will cover the edge.
Ideally I should lift the floor check out the joists and flooring but I am not able to do that any more and I cannot afford at the present time to get someone in to look at it, so I have to try to make it as good as I can.
I am worried that the dampness is through the floor underneath and I thought that if I put wet rot floor hardener in, it would contain any problem that might be there. I cannot lift the floor it is cedar wood and the floor is 25ft long, If I take it up it will never go back down again.
So here is the question how do I get the hardener deep into the flooring underneath where it might be needed. Is it runny if I drill tiny holes along the edge can I pour it in, or if I just drip it in along the edge will it seep down anyway, and how do I judge how much to use.
Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back