danesmoore 12/14 oil boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, guys having a few wee problems with my boiler, the oil pump packed up so i have fitted a new pump, as this was a newer model pump,there are three wires from the fuel solenenoid , the old unit only had two wires a blue, a brown ,,,, the nw unit has a blue a brown and an earth, can you tell me which terminal inside th box the earth should go to. I have just linked it in with the other earths for the motor, it was running fine but sometimes now the fan motor is buzzing and not turning, when i loosn the pump the motor turns, could this be cause the solenoid is not reliving the fuel presure prior to startup thus overloading the motor,also what are the electrode gaps and the protrusion settings,also what should the nozzle size be for kero,any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Motor not turning could be capacitor value low, or wrong coupling dog on the pump spindle.

4mm will do for the gap. 0.5/80EH nozzle will be ok. You will need to set the pump pressure to 100 psi, and adjust the air for 11.5% to 12% CO2.

Which burner is it?

thanks for the swift reply,the burner model is a selectos d11053 i have checked the dog coupling and it is the engagment is correct between the pump and the motor, the burner was firing and lighting up but only running for 30 sconds or so and then locking out, i could see the flame through the sight glass, i have now reajusted the electrode gap and she fired up no prob, i presumed you mean 4 mm apart and 4mm from the nozzel ,as to the motor sometimes not turning,i have felt the rear of the motor and it feels hot after a while,, might it need a new motor,as to the fuel solenoid wiring any ideas

Check motor bearings with coupling removed. There should be a little resistance to movement, anything else indicates worn bearings. They are replaceable.

Electrodes are adjusted so the gap to the nozzle and the gap to the diffuser are equal. The selectos burner is old and not easy to set up. If you have continuing problems, you could replace the burner (ebay), but the boiler may be near the end anyway.

Sponsored Links
hello again, the bearings are ok and the motor is spinning freely,this morning the boiler was locked out ,when i reset it there was a buzzing sound and motor didn,t turn, i gave the motor and capaciter a tap and away it went,i know that the boiler is old i think it is about 1987,i just want it to last till xmas is past and i will up grade it, do you think a capaciter will fix it for now, if not any ideas on a good boiler to replace it with, iam thinking of fitting a multi fuel stove in my livving room and linking the two systems together , is this feasable

Probably motor capacitor has dropped in value, so insufficient torque to start motor.

I would have a dry woodburner. If you connect it to the CH, you will have to work hard to feed it, and if it gets cold and boiler breaks down, just move into the room with the woodburner. A dry woodburner is totally reliable.

I might fit one of these. Does the cooking as well. Get one with a flat top, and you can boil the kettle too.

merrry christmas to you and thanks for your help with the boiler ,i have fitted a new capacitor and the old girl is running like a young un again, so hopfuly it will last till the next year till the pennies allow a new hating system, thanks again

Hi, I noticed in an earlier post someone mentioned you can get replacement bearings and capacitor for a Selectos D11053 oil burner motor. Can someone tell me where you can get these from.

Many thanks

unfortunatly the capacitor has been painted over so I cant see any part number or other info. Any idea what capacity it would be?

4µF, it may be 3µF, but 4 will degrade gradually

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back