Worcester Danesmoor Oil Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have been having trouble with my oil fired Danesmoor boiler - type 12/14.

I checked everything out, burner nozzle, filter ignition e.t.c all was working OK and fuel tank was full and bled up to the pump.

However when I cracked open the pump high pressure tapping with the pump running no fuel comes out. After this I checked the drive coupling and that was OK.

I then ran the blower / pump continuously - with a jumper wire on the relevent terminals, to check if I could get fuel from the pump. After a few minutes running with the high pressure port open I got a spurt of fuel. I closed everything up and tried the boiler which then lit OK. However after a few minutes running it locked out again. I again checked the fuel to the pump, which was good. I then ran the pump but no high pressure fuel out of the pump.

Is the pump suspect - or maybe the pressure adjustment diaphragm ?.
Is there something else I should check, I seem to have exhaused everything other than fit a new pump. The pump is fed with single pipe with no return and relies on gravity to get the fuel from the tank. With the feed pipe off and opening the fuel shut off I get a good flow of fuel - so I do not think it's a supply problem.....but I could be wrong...

Any advice - or hints.

Thanks
SC

Sponsored Links
Check the soleniod coil is about 2.7kohm. Does it click when you use the jumper to turn it on? Check the coupling between the pump and motor too.

errrrrrrrrrr.............no it isn't. You need to check the oil pressure and adjust the air if you do that.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back