Danfoos BFP41-3 pump p screw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In changing the oil flexi pipes to the Danfoss oil pump for the burner I undid the P screw to bleed air, and it now leaks slightly. It has an O ring which looks flattened.
Anyone know how to get a replacement?
Could use PTFE tape on the thread if sensible?
thread is 9.5mm dia
OD of O ring is 13mm, t is about 2mm, assuming it peels out of the screw.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ptfe spiralled onto the plug and checked after a run is what most folk would do. Except boffin

Ptfe spiralled onto the plug and checked after a run is what most folk would do. Except boffin

I too would replace the O ring.

If you are repairing oil fired boilers regularly, 10 quid will buy enough O rings to last years.... with occasional top ups...(A bit like Triggers Broom !!

Thread tape does not last for long before weeping.

When replacing a pump, I always remove the plugs and throw in a tin. The last one I used was last week, when I replaced a leaking radiator 'auto vent'
on top of a Mistral boiler. The wretched thing looked like a 1/4 bsp female connection and I had a cap ready. It turned out to be 1/8bsp male so a danfoss plug went straight in. I must own up to ptfe'ing the thread though:oops:

If anyone is interested I use hydraulic equipment supermarket for my o rings branches all over and if the milky bar kid wants to use them they will serve anyone.Bob

Oil line fittings, male irons into oil filter bodies and kbb etc are routinely sealed with ptfe ie wrapped around the male threads it does not deteriorate or rot. Tell me if I have gone wrong so far please
If oil boffin is oftec then I am a Dutchman. His replies are often half baked re cycled comments from other proper oil professionals

If anyone is interested I use hydraulic equipment supermarket for my o rings branches all over and if the milky bar kid wants to use them they will serve anyone.Bob
What do you use to seal the fittings on the oil tank outlet , filter fittings , kbb, connection to Burner hose “o rings” or ptfe Are you a service only guy ? Perhaps that is why you think ptfe will fail but you are totally wrong and misleading diy folk through your ignorance masquerading as experience
I have a comprehensive stock of “o” rings in my van for oil gas and water applications where required

Last edited:
I'm OFTEC registered have been for years to back up ptfe I use heldite which is brill and you don't get leaks,which with oil you can as ptfe goes transparent when it fail plus I also use copper washers and dowty washers.I've worked on oil for over 45 years and I'm always busy.I do use ptfe tape a lot but I use it so as not to get a leak.For some reason the milky bar kid has taken a dislike to me so I'm not going to please him no matter what,but never mind,by the way is it dick van milky bar kid.Bob

The original poster had a slight oil leak on the pressure plug on an oil pump and asked if ptfe was suitable. Simple question. The answer is yes.
Your advice to an apparently competent diyer is no, and instead , pointlessly chase around finding a 20p “o” ring of a particular size. It’s not sensible , practical or logical. A ptfe repair checked when pump is delivering pressure is perfectly adequate. Are you saying that late one Friday you had a similar oil weep and no “o” ring (just as a diyer has no “o”ring) you would shut the boiler off until you had obtained the “o”ring Or would you spiral in ptfe and check it under pressure. ? See link. Look up kerosene https://www.calpaclab.com/teflon-ptfe-compatibility/
This proves ptfe does not “go transparent before it fails “? It doesn’t fail when in contact with kerosene which an oftec guy would know

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back