Danfoss 102E7 - not working and showing and new icon on scr.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today we noticed that there was no hot water.
When inspecting the controller a Danfoss 102E7 there was a new icon on the screen.

If people have seen these there is a black bar bars at the side of the screen which correspond to which mode it's in, On, Off, Auto, All Day.
There is another black bar which is more towards the centre of the screen. I have looked on the manufacturer's website and there is no mention of this.
I have done a reset by pressing the +1, MAN and then R/S button at the same time but it returns with this same new icon and isn't working.

Any help would be grateful.

Sponsored Links
I have discovered that the symbol is a battery symbol.
Quick search and this means the unit is not getting mains power.
Where would I start to look?

I have checked the main fuses and they are all fine.

Sponsored Links
I found the problem. The panel was plugged in via a normal plug in the garage near the central heating.
I replaced the 3A fuse and plugged it in to hear a fizz and pop coming from what I have been told is the 2 way control valve.

that is when I noticed some suplur on the the water pump which is located below this valve.
It seems the valve is leaking and caused a short.
I have ordered a like for like replacement.

I am told they aren't that difficult to replace. Just drain the water, turn the power off and do a straight swap.

Hopefully it's just the valve, whilst the powers dead it would be worth opening the pump and checking the electrics aren't wet, or you may need to budget a new pump into the job as well.

Spray some wd40 or similar on your nuts and you shouldn't find it too hard as long as you I is what you are up to.

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back