Danfoss CP15 hot water light comes on, but boiler not workin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

First I would like to apologise if during this explanation I use the wrong names for the heating parts, labels are not included with the equipment.

I have a Danfoss CP15 programmer which I recently attempted to use on the 5/2 setting rather than the 24/hr setting. To do that I needed to take it off the wall and move the back switch. After doing so I attempted to place it back where it was. Here's were the problems started.

First of all I forgot to shut down the electricity before doing any of this. Second, I mistakenly touched PIN L & 1 with ATTACHMENTS N & L respectively. This caused something between a spark and an explosion. The general fuse (for the whole flat) went down. When restored there was some black soot on the wall and timer. The two PINS and ATTACHMENTS which came in contact appeared to have been reduced in size slightly.

I gathered my nerve and tried again, this time with the power off. I got everything to be in working position and turned on the hot water and heating. Both lights came on and the boiler started right up as if nothing had happened.

When we came to taking a shower, however, the water was only lukewarm at best. Since then I realised that if I turn the hot water only (without the heating) the light (indicating the hot water is on) turns on, but the boiler does nothing. The heating, on the other hand, works just fine.

What I was thinking of doing is switching wires 3&4 with each other in the back panel connection to see if the hot water will work when it is connected as if it is the heating. Would that be possible or will I end up blowing something up?

If anyone has other suggestions PLEASE share. The landlord isn't picking up and the wife already missed one shower today, so the pressure is on!

Cheers

River

p.s. The boiler is set as fully pumped, and is a "Netaheat" profile? (that's what it says on the front)

Sponsored Links
It seems you have shorted out the internal wiring in the programmer and blown the printed circuit board!

Best to not touch any of the wiring and get a new programmer asap. Some makes are available at the likes of B&Q, Homebase, etc. Keep to the same make and model and the wiring won't need to be changed.

(And........ turn the power off before you fit it!)

I'd give up now before you do any more damage. Just learn from your mistake and get someone in to fit a new programmer and back plate.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back