Danfoss Randall 103 programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our old back boiler is run by a mechanical 103 time clock. For some reason the timer's stopped working and if the thing has gone (it's very old - at least 20 - 30 years I think) I need to replace it. I've just seen something that suggests that the timer is fused somewhere but I'm not sure where although there is a switch on the skirting beneath the clock and wonder if that is it. If the things needs replacing though I'm wondering if i can replace it with the 102 on which you can isolate the heating/water controls and would it be better to have the electronic version rather than the mechanical one and would this fit on the same back plate? Finally (phew//www.diynot.com/forums/:eek:
Shocked!) how do you get the thing off the plate in the first place - I note there is a screw underneath that reveals the wiring and 2 small screws behind the central spindle. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Tangent

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply Kev. Can I swop the 103 with the 102 though?

Tangent

Sponsored Links
I was thinking that I could take advantage of the 102's individual control over water and heating although I probably don't understand what I'm talking about!

Won't make any difference unless the wiring and system has been configured for that setup.

Thanks Gasguru, I'll stick with a straight replacement then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back