dataline dialler

That's good advice from Adam but to reformat & reinstall windows is a bit drastic here. I do think that if you download Spybot and run it you will find the problem. It's a free program & works well.
Incidentally if your pc is fitted with a 56k modem it's a good idea to have a payg account with a different isp to your BB one as a back-up. Just remember what I said about only plugging it in when you need to use it. Usually, the t&c says you do need to log-on occasionally to keep the account open.

Sponsored Links
Have a look on the Microsoft site .... I requested and recieved their free 'updates' cd, which in the case of reformat and reinstall, saves you time regarding installing updates ... up to Oct 2003, I believe.
A useful freeby.

I am sure if old OMG asks around, in the areas shown, someone will know precisely what he has .. and what to delete to be rid of it ... this is the main thing IMO making sure all the files associated if more than one, are gotten rid of.
I trust OMG clears cookies etc regularly ?

P

contact your landline provider bt e.g. and ask them to put a premium rate block on your phone problem solved cannot dial out with blocker,.;

Sponsored Links
Got Ad-Aware v6 ? Getting the ref file updates ?

Ad-aware V6 Ref file 01R329 (01R334 is latest @ 24-07-2004)
New in the target base
DataLine Dialer
HttpFilter
IDR Popup (3 variants)
midADdle
ZSites
----------------------

Does it work ?

P

I often get popups asking me to download one of these diallers. I click NO and another box popsup which stops me closing the webpage until I have clicked YES then the original page popsup again.
This usually happens 3 times before I can continue surfing.
Thank goodness for my cable which they can't hijack.
I have a long time lady friend whose husband had been surfing naughty photo (p o r n) sites.
I looked in the Dial Up Networking (DUN) folder and found a premium dialler there at £1 a minute. I deleted it and all reference to it in the registry.
When she asked her husband how long he had been looking at the site he answered "Only about an hour".
Their phone bill was over £60 more than usual that quarter.
I don't know about BT but my cable company charges £1 a month to block all but normal phone numbers unless I input a code number followed by a personal PIN No. This prevents any such hijacks should I ever go back to dialup with them. It also stops my teenage son from continually calling his friends mobile phone numbers. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back