Date of Manufactuer?- Ideal Concord WRS 240B

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone :D

Just got a few questions on my boiler which is fitted at my flat I've just bought.

It's an: Ideal Concord WRS 240B boiler and what I would like to know is the date range of manufacturer.

I've heard that they are very good, long lasting boilers but even so it would be good to know the date of them. I was born in 1985 so I'm hoping it is a little newer than me!

Kind Regards

BW

Sponsored Links
Flipping eck, 24 years old :rolleyes:

I'm hopeful of another 8 years service out of it.

It is checked every year so hopefully with this in mind & the long lifespan (what I've been told) are the experienced gas engineers on here hopeful for another 8 years :eek:

Regards

BW

GCno 41-409-76. I would go older than that maybe 30 +

Sponsored Links
Hello,

Can i ask what the GC number is, perhaps a reference to the boiler model?

30 years :eek: , will it last another 5 if maintained well?

Regards

BW

If it's in good nick it will last another 30 provided spares are available.

GCNo is the gas council No that all boilers have to help identify them for parts.

Hello all, thanks for the help so far.

As far as anybody knows are the majority of normal spares still available for my ye olde boiler.

Kind Regards

BW

They are so simple there is not much to go wrong!

Unfortunately that is at the expense of efficiency!

Probably only about 50-60% whereas the latest are well over 90%.

If your gas bill is low it may not be so important.

If its high then it would be advisable to invest in an energy efficient new boiler.

Tony

Well that's one good point!

Another is my flat is 1st floor so I only have boiler controls on hot water as I haven't had the heating on at all yet. Obviously when It's really cold I might need it on a little bit low but the free under-floor heating is lovely :)

As my flat is leasehold, the service charge includes a gas safety check every year (and has had for the last 10 odd years) so it's been serviced regular.

I only set my boiler to come on for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening so two hours a day is surely not much at all, that's only 14 hours in 7 days!!

Fingers crossed another 20 years minimum out of the Ideal!!

A safety check is normally just that!

A service is completely different.

Unfortunately your still works well for a long time even if its not serviced.

For maximum efficiency the service should be done properly including cleaning the heat exchanger.

You should put the heating on for 5 min each month to stop the parts seizing up.

Tony

Hi,

Yes I may look into the service next year as I'm having a new hot water cylinder fitted in 2 weeks as my old one is leaking at a few joints.

When I get the cylinder replaced as well I'll be putting in some central heating inhibitor to prevent corrosion within the system.

I've taken the advice about the 5 mins heating each month.

Underneath the flap at the front of the boiler there is i think a 'boiler thermostat',

It's say's 1-6 on it. I've currently got it on 3, is that the best number to both prolong the life of it, and keep it working at a hot enough temp?

Regards

BW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back