ideal concord wrs 240b timer query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,

I have a concord WRS 240b boiler on a vented system. I wondered if anybody could kindly advise me if there is a modern digital timer that is compatible with this boiler as the current one is very limited in what it can do?

Kind regards
Dean

Sponsored Links
its not just the timer, is your system fully pumped ? 2 motorised valves or 1 one 3 way valve .

If it an old gravity hot water pumped heating timer alone is not going to alter much

its not just the timer, is your system fully pumped ? 2 motorised valves or 1 one 3 way valve .

If it an old gravity hot water pumped heating timer alone is not going to alter much

Hi,

it is a gravity fed system. I will attach pictures of pump and timer. the pump is knackered so I am about to order a grundfos alpha 2l 15/50.

[/img]

Is that pump fitted within the boiler case? ie behind the drop down controls cover? If so, best of luck changing that. Your timer has a standard backplate and most timers will fit. ACL, Honeywell, the choice is endless.
Are you sure it's gravity hot water? How many pipes coming from your boiler? Why an Alpha pump?. A bog standard 5m pump will do.

Sponsored Links
Is that pump fitted within the boiler case? ie behind the drop down controls cover? If so, best of luck changing that. Your timer has a standard backplate and most timers will fit. ACL, Honeywell, the choice is endless.
Are you sure it's gravity hot water? How many pipes coming from your boiler? Why an Alpha pump?. A bog standard 5m pump will do.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the response the pump is in a cupboard upstairs just in front of the immersion heater. I will check when I get home to see how many pipes come off of it.
The reason I was going to go for that pump was because it came up somewhere on a grundfos website that it is a recommended replacement for the current pump which is a grundfos selectric 4.
When I emailed ideal directly to see if they sold a digital timer which will work with my boiler this was the response: "Due to the age of this boiler we do not have a timer available.

You could speak to an engineer and see if any RF Timer in a plumbing merchants"

not sure what an RF timer is. Is there any timer you would recommend that will work with my current system?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/drayton-lp112-mk4-programmer/64558
Some thing similar to that would do. There are many alternatives. RF, I believe means retro fit.

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. my understanding from looking at the item is that both heating and hot water come on at the same time with this timer but obviously I would not always want the heating to come on as well as the hot water.

with my current timer you can turn the heating and hot water on separately but when you have the heating on the hot water also comes on.

I saw this timer http://www.screwfix.com/p/drayton-l...=Search-_-SearchRec-_-Area1&_requestid=461372

which looks like the controls are separate. do you this will be more suitable and work with my system?

Yes, that will work with any system. There are jumpers on the back to set the programmer to suit gravity and fully pumped systems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back