Daughters...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Raced my daughter to the train station the other day, and said, "I'll wait just in case, so text if you made it." Her text... love it! (And her.)
Screenshot 2022-11-25 at 19.15.03.png

Sponsored Links
If you can't work that out for yourself !

It's a great thread, doesn't need any politics. Loads of threads for that.

Grow up

OK, I've acknowledged and respected Charlie's (and daughters) emotions all of which I admire and respect, and to a degree envy because I made a decision many years ago not to have children.

So, Charlie, please accept my unreserved apologies for bringing politics into this thread, it was only intended as flippancy. (y)

Here you go Charlie an article popped up on my phone.

I always wanted daughters and now I have two.
Bonnie was Ivf successful at the 2nd attempt and Dulcie come naturally...

There's nothing like bond with a child but there's something about daughters

Sponsored Links
Without even trying me and Bonnie started a birds and the bees conversation going through a McDonald's drive through.

Very natural and funny conversation.

I always did care for girls feelings growing up through my teens and early twenty. But I always had one thing on my mind.....
Explaining what boys are like and reputation was a really easy conversation. Like I say it wasn't planed and it was short. Next time I'll pick my moment to carry on.

There's nothing like bond with a child but there's something about daughters

When No'1 daughter announced her engagement we went for a long walk one to one chat. She said "he's the one daddy, the one you told me about" & my knee's nearly buckled. Not because she remembered, more that she had listened.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
When No'1 daughter announced her engagement we went for a long walk one to one chat. She said "he's the one daddy, the one you told me about" & my knee's nearly buckled. Not because she remembered, more that she had listened.

Lovely. It's such a nice thing when you know they are listening and asking questions back.

• Thanks
My grand daughter at 4 is a heartbreaker.

Yep, mine had just turned 5 and just started school. She , and her 2,yo brother crack me up.

I am sure my kids were the same -,but we were too busy being parents (and breadwinner) to notice so much.

• Thanks
Yep, mine had just turned 5 and just started school. She , and her 2,yo brother crack me up.

I am sure my kids were the same -,but we were too busy being parents (and breadwinner) to notice so much.
Grandson who is 6 now had following conversation with GM ( grandmother)

GS ( grand son). Grandma you are fat
GM. Grandmothers can be fat
GS, no grandma, you eat too much…… but I like you

Grandson who is 6 now had following conversation with GM ( grandmother)

GS ( grand son). Grandma you are fat
GM. Grandmothers can be fat
GS, no grandma, you eat too much…… but I like you
I had a similar conversation with my grandmother a few decades ago.
It went like this:
ME: Grandma, you're fat
GM: "SLAP!"
ME: But, but...
GM: "SLAP! SLAP!" Any more buts???

I am not complaining here.

I have three great lads.

But we did so want a girl. I mustn't have had it in me!

We even had a name lined up, Holly.

:(

Sponsored Links
Back