DAVID

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
David Beckham is a bit miffed to say the leasts about the german press regarding his family, do you think he should take the bate, ( which is want they want ) or rise above it, and accepted it as part of the mind games, to try and unsettle players, ?

Sponsored Links
Who is David Beckham, why are the German press interested in his family, and who are the players of whom you speak?

Sponsored Links
Bas one thinks you are, :LOL: every one has heard of david Beckham, even if they don't follow football.

Bas just because you've missed our farther and son chats, there's no need to be so naive about the England captain.

PS i've haven't heard or seen your side kick ( softus ) for a while, can you shed any light on the matter, ? :LOL:

markie said:
Bas one thinks you are, :LOL: every one has heard of david Beckham, even if they don't follow football.

Bas just because you've missed our farther and son chats, there's no need to be so naive about the England captain.
Yes, I have heard of him, but no, I was not taking the p.is.s - just trying to make the point that it's only a game, it is of no real importance, and that nobody should give a toss about it, the players, the German press etc etc. If people want to play football, let them, but please don't pretend that it's a suitable topic of conversation.

PS i've haven't heard or seen your side kick ( softus ) for a while, can you shed any light on the matter, ? :LOL:
No, because he's not my side kick.

ban-all-sheds said:
markie said:

Yes, I have heard of him, but no, I was not taking the p.is.s - just trying to make the point that it's only a game, it is of no real importance, and that nobody should give a toss about it, the players, the German press etc etc. If people want to play football, let them, but please don't pretend that it's a suitable topic of conversation.

No, because he's not my side kick.

It's of no real importance, :confused: well it's your choice, :confused:

To say " don't pretend thats it's a suitable topic of conversation ". I know you've been on your holls, but if you have or don't realise the world cup has kicked off, and every one is talking about it, eg Tom, Dick, and harry. even the papers :eek: :LOL:
So either you don't follow football and feel the pride inside when they sing, God save the queen, etc.. or you don't give a stuff about this Island and what we repersent...or you are a...... :LOL: ;)

kevplumb said:
markie said:
kevplumb said:
beckham would kick shearer (litrely) into a cocked hat no probs ;)

You can shut up as well, :LOL: ;) i'm trying to get bas to bite, :LOL:

sorry marra ;)

just as an aside

football is not a sport in the north east

IT'S A RELIGION ;)

:LOL: crazy thing is, :LOL: your right, ps bas wouldn't understand would he, :LOL:

That reminds me where the fook did i put my no-9 pray mat, :LOL: ;)

markie said:
To say " don't pretend thats it's a suitable topic of conversation ". I know you've been on your holls, but if you have or don't realise the world cup has kicked off, and every one is talking about it, eg Tom, Dick, and harry. even the papers :eek: :LOL:
That doesn't mean it's a suitable topic for conversation.

So either you don't follow football and feel the pride inside when they sing, God save the queen, etc.. or you don't give a stuff about this Island and what we repersent...or you are a...... :LOL: ;)
I think that any country that has to rely on a bunch of people playing a game to have pride in itself is a pretty sorry one.

On a scale of 1 to global warming, or 1 to world poverty, or 1 to US aggression, a game of football doesn't even register 0.

ban-all-sheds said:
markie said:
That doesn't mean it's a suitable topic for conversation.

I think that any country that has to rely on a bunch of people playing a game to have pride in itself is a pretty sorry one.

On a scale of 1 to global warming, or 1 to world poverty, or 1 to US aggression, a game of football doesn't even register 0.

It may not register, but it's a distraction from the bad things whats going on in the world at the moment, i know it's like sticking your head in the sand, like you said it's only football, a game but if it takes your mind off whats going on around the world for 5 mins, it can't be a bad thing.

Football is a great distraction as you say Markie, and can also help to bring people together. USA are playing in the same tournament as Iran at the moment, that's a damn sight closer than the politicians have got!

If people who otherwise wouldn't travel abroad get to do so and are exposed to other cultures as a result of following football, I reckon that's an excellent thing (just a shame the excessive jingoism can lead to xenophobia in some cases). Softus is over there now isn't he changing people's beliefs about British plumbers ;)

Football can be used as a vehicle to bring people closer together. Although there will always be groups who will try to hijack it for their own political agenda such as the far right, I still think football has done a lot to help break down race barriers - children are much more influenced by watching great players of different races playing on a park, however trivial in the grand scheme of things that may be, than someone telling them not to be racist.

Anyway, just my take on it, but then beng a football fan, I would say that, wouldn't I! :D

Sponsored Links
Back