Day Rate

Agree 100% with you, Paul - Luckily I don`t need to work now. 2 good jobs in Building as far as I see it ( from my boy and his M8`s) Plastering -which he does, and Sparky.

Sponsored Links
i know I am always harping on about my roof repairing mate.

Nobody breathing over your shoulder questioning you fleecing you no organisation registering body no notification very few tools equip[ment no callibration no training no courses.

Makes same revenue as me, but all his revenue goes to pay for one van a few ladders and his wages.

My revenue goes to pay all the leaches who want a piece of the action and there is nothing left for me in todays climate.

the hardest thing to get across to people is that if you pay a gas fitter £20 an hour he doesn't get a penny of it until such date in the year he has covered his extautionate overheads, just lately that point does not appear.

Whereas yoiu pay aplasterer or roofer £20 an hour and more or less all of it goes in his pocket.

Gas fitting is finished. no money in it, so much responsibility its just silly

how can a plasterer,joiner etc earn the same wage as me. joke.

who are they going to kill, could they end up in jail?? NO

the problem is we only get the money for doin the job an not for the responsibility the job brings

Sponsored Links
If you go to the gas safe website http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/

and put in my postcode which is yo12 4at you will find me first and then 50 others within 1.42 miles of my address, in a town with a population of 106,000 people, which is pretty remote from other areas.

That is the qualified guys. then there are all the off duty firemen property developers diyers workers for cash while on dissability benefiters, workers for cash while on job seakers allowance, general builders who now do their opwn plumbing except the odd part of it they need us for, like when they get a leaking lead pipe.

~It's hopeless, the future is somewhere else.

You're right there mate. I've spent a bit of money training for the renewables revelution, having been told by someone in the know (who just happens to be a rep for a renewables company) that "it's all gonna kick off big style next year once the government tariffs kick in", and that I need to get my MCS application sorted now so I can be ready for all this work, as soon as it starts to fly in. But I'm already looking for a way out. Firstly, because I don't think anythings gonna kick off next year and secondly, even if it does, it'll be the big companies and not the sole traders who benefit. So I've already lost faith in trying to make myself ready for the future.

Back