Day Rates and Hourly Rates for qualified electrician

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

i've been out if the game for a bit......... I am a qualified electrician, full NICEIC approved contractor, 17 th edition etc etc

I live in Essex and my work is mainly around Essex and London - i have two questions.......

1. Whats the average day rate & hourly rate for a Sparks, working for a company or sub contracting in essex and in London?

2. Whats the average day rate & hourly rate for a sparks, pricing your own job direct for a client/builder in Essex and in London?

Many thanks in advance for your info

boo

Sponsored Links
Most folk won't discuss rates of pay on a public forum like this.

I suggest you direct this question on the (closed) NICEIC forum. They'll be much happier to discuss!

If you want a really wide range of prices just google "electrician rates london"

thanks for your reply but ive been finding loads of older posts where people on here have been happy to put the average rates, im not after exact just guidelines, if anyone could help id much appreciate some newer rates as the older posts are quire old

thanks again taylor for your reply, appreciated

Sponsored Links
thanks rocky thats great,,,,, thats for employed sparks, im after self employed sparks averages for.........

I am a qualified electrician, full NICEIC approved contractor, 17 th edition etc etc

I live in Essex and my work is mainly around Essex and London - i have two questions.......

1. Whats the average day rate & hourly rate for a Sparks, working for a company or sub contracting in essex and in London?

2. Whats the average day rate & hourly rate for a sparks, pricing your own job direct for a client/builder in Essex and in London?

Many thanks in advance for your info

at work we pay £10p/h or £100p/d and if they dont like it theirs plenty of people queuing up that will :evil: ;)

Nobody wants to give rates as such but may I suggested you start using £10 per hour as a yardstick basis.

So if you are emplyed use this figure.
For self employed then calculate a figure needed for gross hourly rate to arrive at a figure you pay yourself £10 per hour (your charging rate might end up as something like £25 per hour using this method).

Of course you might want to reduce this figure if you believe it might generate more work or you might want to increase it if you think you`re worth it. Market forces etc etc.

In an ideal world we`d all like to pay ourselves £1000 per hour or more but only pay those who work for us £1 per hour or less. Unfortunately we all live in the real world. ;)

Have you 2391 ?

Stating qualifications does add to the rate, so 17th and scheme registered implies basic domestic skills. 2391 added in suggests more advanced skills, supervisor and thus more wedge.

If you want to see high end rates check Pimlico plumbers electrical charge bands on their web site :eek:

As for what you earn self employed, your rate and reputation will dictate your value.

Charge £10k for a 4 up / down rewire and get 2 jobs a year- charge £5k and get 25 jobs a year

well I'm not shy... £40 per hour, but this is going up in Jan!.. I;m self employed and in London

You could always phone a few local electricians posing as a customer and ask their hourly rates...

SB

great advice thanks, yes i had a look at the pimilico plumbers charge bands, i know they will have alot of overheads but still that is some high end charges.

Saying that though, a qualified electrician is a professional trade and other trades like mechanic in a garage will charge a minimum of £30 an hour and thats a one man band so even around the self employed £25 an hour is good for the customer. if you were working a day rate would you simply charge £200 by multiplying the hours or charge a little less as you are getting a days work?

garages round here start at £40+vat!
we charge £57 for the first hour reducing the rate as the hours extend
daily rate is £230 (8hours) that is for gas or electric very few quibble.
for large jobs over 3 days we give a quote and stick to it.

yes I'm with Kev on this - £250 daily rate and larger jobs estimated first, but aim to be nearer the £300 per day

I couldn't charge Pimilico prices though, I'd feel too guilty! Probably this is why I'm not driving round with a number plate SP4 RKY

Sponsored Links
Back