De-crapifier for new laptop.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought new HP laptop today. Anyone know, is it worthwhile running 'PC Decrapifier' on it, to remove unnecessary software? I have not used it before, and from a search on-line there seems mixed views on it.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
No, it's most likely total junk and will cause problems rather than solve them.
The website for it looks just like all those other fake malware removal efforts, and has no contact details at all.

Either way, it's a new laptop - why would it require some dubious software to improve it?

HP, among others, have been "persuaded" that certain antivirus programs are "good" and should be included with a 90 day trial.

Also, HP tend to put their operating manuals, games and other "crap" on as well.

You are far better going into Add/Remove programs and manually uninstalling what is obvious "bloat", setting up your own antivirus and then doing a System Backup.

Astra99 and flameport, thank-you for your swift replies and advice. I shall have a look at what is on it later today, then ascertain what is 'surplus' and will not really be needed.

Sponsored Links
The trouble is, to most techy's when they look at the list of various things that can be deleted, is that you don't know what is essential and what is crap!

Back