Dead Grant combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a quick checklist of faults for my boiler which has decided to give up the ghost.....again!

Not out of oil.

Not overheating.

When the boiler is switched on it does very little, a few noises but nowhere near lighting up. - Any ideas?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
That description doesn't give much to work from does it?
A few noises
So it could be a few things. :rolleyes:

The pump might be siezed (or it might not).

So, to sum up, your boiler doesn't do much, makes a few noises.

All you will get told with that amount of info is that it's broke. If you can't be bothered, I doubt anyone else will either.

If you haven't got a manual, download one.

Sponsored Links
If you are only able to say that it makes little noise and apparently cannot clearly say if the pump is running and dont even state what model it is then its unlikely you have the skills to do anything to make it work.

The only thing you MIGHT be able to do is to check that you have water in the system and at the correct pressure if its a sealed system.

Otherwise then the obvious advice is to get a competent OFTEC boiler engineer in to diagnose the fault.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back